Saturday, January 31, 2009

Showing your goods

So I recently watched a movie with my mother and in it was a nude scene. Of course there was the expected awkwardness of the situation, but my mother has a tendency to make this 50 times worse because she causes a scene:

"Look at that hooker showing her chi chi's"
"How could she shame her mother like that"
"Prostituta"
(of course you have to read these with a Spanish accent)

What kills me is she gets upset like she knows the female actor and knows the pain her mother is going through. She doesn't realize it's part of the art of acting, you are chosen to do this part and that is the director's vision. Now in all fairness you are given the choice to accept the role or reject it. I'm trying to explain this to her, when all of a sudden I'm hit with an unexpected question:

"Would you show your pee pee in a movie?"

Now some people have reservation about nudity on the big screen and I understand it. I wouldn't want to be portrayed a certain way, almost killed some actor's careers (e.g. Jesse Spano from Saved By The Bell). I thought about it and gave her a truthful answer.

"If the part is right and the money is right yes I would."

Think about it, you're walking by a doorway, silhouette of your naked body... $5 million dollars? Heck yea I would. Or love scene with a well known beautiful actress and it's necessary to the story... $2 million dollars? Hell yea!
Now let's say I'm about to do a role that would kill my career forever, sort of like Showgirls... $3 million dollars? Still probably go with yes. You know why, then I'm a millionaire who cares what people think. I buy myself a nice house, invest and live off of that. Why not?

Let's just say momma wasn't too happy with that answer. I told her I would buy her a house and take care of her, to which I got back:

"I don't want your pee pee money... or your pee pee house!"

Really a nice million dollar home and that's what would go through your mind everytime you saw it or had people over?

I don't know maybe I'm looking at it all wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment